AirFlite, the Toyota-owned aviation service provider at Los Angeles-area Long Beach Airport/Daugherty Field, was once again rated as the top FBO in the Americas by readers in AIN‘s annual FBO Survey.
This year, as the survey transitions to a year-round, rolling review process from a single period during the year when ratings are accepted, it tallied results earned by locations over the past four years, and during that span, the California FBO earned a 4.84 out of a maximum five (from the previous 1-to-10 scale), garnering survey-high scores in the categories of passenger and pilot amenities. It barely edged out the Tampa International Jet Center, which notched top scores for its facility and for its line service.
The top 10, in order, were:
- AirFlite at Los Angeles-area Long Beach Airport/Daugherty Field
- Black Canyon Jet Center at Montrose Regional Airport in Montrose, Colo.
- J.A. Air Center at Chicago-area Aurora Municipal Airport
- Atlantic Aviation at Kansas City Charles B. Wheeler Airport
- Fargo Jet Center at Hector (N.D.) International Airport
- XJet at Denver Centennial Airport
- Banyan Air Service at Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) Executive
- Jet Aviation at Fort Lauderdale Executive and Palm Beach (Fla.) International Airports
- Skyservice Toronto at Detroit Oakland Country International Airport
- Pentastar Aviation also at Detroit Oakland Country International Airport
Source: AIN online